2 cups flour, divided
1 1/8 teaspoon dry yeast
½ cup milk
2 T sugar, heaping
3 T butter or margarine
¼ t salt
- In an electric mixing bowl, combine 1 cup flour and the yeast; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat and stir milk, sugar, butter and salt on medium low, just until butter melts.
- Add the milk mixture to dry mixture along with the egg. Beat with an electric mixture on low speed for 30 seconds, scape bowl.
- Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. With a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the last 1 cup of flour as needed.
- Knead dough until smooth and elastic.
- Grease a medium-sized bowl, wrap in plastic wrap and label.
- Refrigerate overnight.
2 T butter or margarine, melted
¼ cup sugar
1 t cinnamon
- Roll out dough on a floured surface into a large rectangle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9 inch round cake pan.
- Melt butter in glass measuring cup in the microwave and pour on top of dough. Use a pastry brush to cover dough with melted butter.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle over top of dough.
- Roll dough starting at the longest side of the rectangle. Use a string to cut dough into pieces (each approx. 1 ½ inch wide).
- Place rolls swirl side up in pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle with icing while still warm.