3 large potatoes
1 stalk of celery, minced
1 small onion, minced
1/2 carrot, grated
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons white vinegar
3 Tablespoons flour
2 cups of milk
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
4 oz. shredded mj cheese, (optional)
2 slices bacon, cooked, (optional)
1 Tablespoon chopped green onion, (optional)
1. Peel potatoes and chop into bite-size pieces.
2. Combine vegetables with the chicken stock, salt and vinegar in a large stock pot.
3. Bring the stock to a boil over medium heat.
4. Reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Wisk together flour and milk.
6. Add the milk mixture to soup and simmer uncovered for 8 minutes or until soup has thickened.
7. Add grated cheese and stir until melted.
8. To serve, top bowls with the bacon and green onions if desired.
This was a great soup recipe, especially if you like potatoes and cheese.
(This recipe was from Mrs. Berry, my Foods teacher.)